Sunday, 21 Jun 2009
Our kids are too young to be able to appreciate what a wonderful father they have, so I’m going to write you a note on their behalf.
Thank you for:
- Taking care of the kids when I go out… and not calling it “babysitting.”
- Getting up at night with them and early in the morning.
- Giving them baths.
- Patiently putting together train track after train track for them.
- Knowing their favorite foods, bedtime routines and other quirks of their day-to-day life.
- Speaking of them with pride.
- Missing them (at least a little) when you’re at work during the day.
- Putting up pictures of them in your office.
- Throwing them up in the air… and catching them.
- Driving them to daycare.
- Learning about their friends, their teachers and what they have done during the day.
- Making them dinner that even occasionally includes vegetables.
- Singing Happy Birthday to each of them once a year.
- Hugging them as often as you can.
Giving them love, attention and plenty of affection, and showing them that Daddies can contribute just as much to your life as a Mom.
Happy Father’s Day!