Friday, 27 Nov 2009
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you. I don’t usually do things like this, but they’re giving away goodies from Provo Craft and I might just walk on broken glass to get freebies from Provo Craft.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
5 items? I don’t have many things on my wish list this year, honestly. I guess luggage, a gift card to buy some clothes, books, anything crafty, anything crafty (part 2)
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My mom made me a stuffed house when I was little. It had a little doll that you could put in the windows or doors. I loved that thing.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
Pysanky egg ornaments. I’ve done pysanky and it’s very time consuming (plus I’m not that artistic), but I’d love to give everyone a pretty pysanky ornament.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
A trip to DisneyWorld
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
My son: trains, trucks,everything under the sun. My daughter is too young for a wish list.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Russian tea cookies. We can’t have them any more because my son is allergic to nuts.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Every year I make an ornament. I use a different craft/technique each year, so the collection is eclectic. I’m not sure what the design will be this year, but I think I might do a cut-out reindeer.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
Scrooge – the musical version of A Christmas Carol
9. Favorite holiday song?
It’s a tie between the John Denver & the Muppets version of the 12 Days of Christmas, This Christmas and Christmas (Blues Traveler). Weird mix, I know.
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Singing Christmas carols… goofy, but true.